Friday, July 17, 2015

Something the Lord Made

Have you ever watched the movie called Something the Lord Made?

At first it took a while to calm the uncertainty of watching this movie, though the 'two thumbs up' approval from my GP made it difficult not to follow through with my assured promise to rent immediately. And I do not lie when I say that it pulled at my heart, tugged at all my emotions of heartache for the families who lost their children and gratitude for the relentless surgeons that in the end succeeded.

It really is an incredible account of the FIRST EVER heart surgery performed. Not wanting to give away any more details of the story, I'll give my own 'two thumbs up' and recommend you watch.

Sometimes we may take the medical research and knowledge for granted when advancement is so common and expected nowadays, hardly realizing that years ago, mothers and fathers prayed for a miracle to save their baby. 'If only doctors knew how to fix this...'

As for my story, I promise it continues tomorrow. Know that at this stage in my story I am, in fact, what you might call a wee little babe who literally knows how to perform a handful of ridiculous tricks, namely:
Cooing. Light babble. Snot bubbles. Finger painting with food. Tears on demand. Composing symphonies...
Therefore important details regarding surgeries and events must be reviewed with my mom and dad to really get it down exactly as it happened (my superhuman memory powers only lasted until adolescence when I also lost all logic and rational ththoughts). This is all a true story, nothing fabricated.

Til tomorrow!
Night ;)

1 comment:

  1. I bawled my eyes out the first time I watched this years ago. Loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete