Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sliver of a Moment of Peace

Tonight is one of those nights. Computer open, mind ready to work out the last few details of the accident and nothing is flowing, in fact, words are getting tangled up in my mind into a jumbled mess.

So...it must mean that maybe there is something else that needs to be shared/written. I've been waiting for a bit, this little bitty brain full of 'phenomenal cosmic power' (movie trivia) is about to turn in for the night. Too much sitting and staring at a bright screen kicks in the sleep sheep, so pretty soon here I'll be counting...1 sheep...2 sheep...3 sheep.

Oh my!
I'll end with this so it's not totally a lame sauce post:
As I attended the Temple yesterday a beautiful moment of mercy and love came to me in the form of a friend. You see, for several weeks my prayers have consisted of asking God to surround me with His angels, to protect, buoy, shelter and comfort me in this time of deepening trials. Specifically I have opened my heart to God of my loneliness and the heartache of lost companionship (even though it was my choice to leave and I do not regret it).

As I am sitting in the beautiful temple waiting to begin the ceremony, (learn more here),in walks a woman, a kind-hearted friend that is the same age as my mother.
I have known her for quite some time. Want to know something pretty amazing? We're related. Our grandfathers are cousins.

In the midst of life and those things we pray for, God always hears.
Wow!
And not only hears but answers.
Incredible!
Just like He answered yesterday with an unexpected friend/family member, someone that sat next to me and helped me to not feel quite so alone.

What a loving Father in Heaven. There are no words. At times I wish that I could explain the deep love and beauty of the relationship that I have developed with God, yet there are no earthly words. I imagine that once we are in our Heavenly Home after this life has finished, the words will flow, and there will be a celestial beauty to the language and expression of How Great Thou Art!


No comments:

Post a Comment