Sunday, August 16, 2015

49,916

That's how many words have been through the FINAL edit of my Dystopian. Honestly, it has taken me about a year to come back to it.
Life changes.
Major healing.
And sometimes it's those things we LOVE and are MEANT to do that we avoid first in the midst of hard trials.

So tonight I decided to STOP avoiding something that gives me LIFE and pumps me full of EXCITEMENT. And...when you go a long time without reading your own material that you used to stare at nonstop for hours upon hours, it's like reading it for the very FIRST time, almost like one of your readers might and it is pretty amazing. This one has had a lot of thought and planning. About five years worth. And now it is more than halfway finished editing.

Next step after the final edit is complete? Make a few copies to hand out to my most trusted editors and then submit to literary agents. Though I have self-published 2 books, I have technically written 4 (this one included). And so far it is definitely better than the first book. How many hours? SO MANY!!

Goal? Finish editing another 12,000 words this week. I'll have to own up to it and keep you all posted on the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment